The ratio of carbomer to sodium hydroxide to use is around 3:4. A formulation with 1.2% carbomer needs 1.6% neutraliser. This would give quite a thick gel. Both can be reduced keeping the ratio to make thinner gels. To make 500g of gel you need: 486 distilled water; 6g Carbomer 940; 8g neutralising solution* (18% sodium hydroxide + 82% water)
Dji phantom 4 battery cell error
- The volatile oil of Alpinia galanga rhizomes are known active as antibacterial. Three formulation of gels containing of 1 mL of galangal oil were made with variations of carbopol 940 from 0.5% - 2 %. Antiseptic test were done using replica methods. Data of viscosity, spread power, and adhesion were analyzed using one way ANAVA.
- The formulated gel was evaluated for various physicochemical parameters and antifungal activity. The in vitro drug release study was carried out using phosphate buffer saline pH 7.4 and was found to be 36.18 ± 1.50% in 12 h.
Carbopol 940 polymer is a cross-linked polyacrylate polymer. It is an extremely efficient rheology modifier capable of providing high viscosity and forms sparkling clear water or hydroalcoholic gels and creams.
- Results: All the gel formulations were found to be very clear and homogeneous. Drug content of all formulations was found to be above 93%. Formulation F14 containing carbopol-934(1%w/w) and sesame oil 2% gave 99% release as compared to other formulations obeying zero order kinetic with a good bioadhesion quality.
The cashew leaves extract was obtained by maceration using ethanol 70% then it was evaporated to obtain concentrated extract. The optimum gel was based on simplex lattice design method with 2 components i.e. carbopol 941(C) and HPMC (H) used 3 formulations: formula I (100% C: 0% H), formula II (50% C: 50% H) and formula III (0% C: 100% H).
- Aug 03, 2008 · Niosomal gel was formulated by hydration method using carbopol 940. Preformulation studies of different niosomal formulations were carried out along with in-vivo studies in rats. Results & Discussion: - Niosomal vesicles appeared as spherical and multilamellar under Transmission Electron Microscope.
In situ gels with Carbopol ® 940 demonstrated higher viscosity compared to Carbopol ® 934 and drug release was sustained over a period of 8 h. The selected formulation containing 0.8% w/v Carbopol ® 940 and 1.5% w/v HPMC E4M passed sterility test and demonstrated similar antimicrobial efficiency compared to commercial product.
- Carbomer 940 is a polyvinyl carboxy polymer used as a viscosityenhancer, gelling agent, or suspension agent. Carbomer 940 is cross linked with ethers of, and is used primarily in systems where sparkling clarity or a sharp viscosity response is required.
Experimental design for formulations of carbopol gel Two independent variables, the amount of Carbopol 940 (X 1) and PEG 400 (X 2) were studied at 3 levels each. The central point (0, 0) was studied at quintuplicate. All other formulation and processing summarized an account of the 13 experimental runs studied, their
- Gels were formulated using carbopol 940, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, sodium carboxymethy cellulose with lemon grass oil and evaluated for their physical appearance, pH, spreadability rheological properties, antibacterial activity against MRSA and skin irritation in human
It was found that highest flux was obtained by formulation containing 1:2 w/w β – cyclodextrin, 25% propylene glycol and 10% oleic acid during in vitro permeation studies. Conclusion: Transdermal gel formulation containing Glibenclamide can be prepared by direct dispersion method, using Carbopol 940 as a carrier.
- Aug 15, 2020 · Carbomer. Carbopol® 940 polymer by Lubrizol acts as a rheology modifier, high viscosity builder & stabilizer. It is a crosslinked polyacrylic acid polymer. It offers short flow, high suspending ability and non-drip properties. It provides clarity and forms sparkling clear gels or hydro-alcoholic gels and creams.
Carbopol U10 is a cross-linked polyacrylate polymer. It offers excellent stability at high viscosity and produces thick formulations for cosmetics.Carbopol 940 Powder is used for topical formulations and suitable for preparation of gels, creams and coupling agent.